Magpies: Talking about books for children was first published in March 1986.
It is published five times a year in March, May, July, September and November.
Magpies is available in two editions:
- Magpies 48 pages
- Magpies 48 pages with an additional 8 page New Zealand supplement
Each issue of Magpies contains:
- Reviews of new children’s and young adult books published in Australia and overseas.
- Articles of interest to people involved in children’s literature – parents, librarians, teachers, students and academics in the field of children’s literature.
- An author or illustrator (“Know the Author”) interview in each issue.
- The Magpies Collection – information on awards and what’s happening around Australia in children’s literature.
The Literature Base was first published in February 1990. It is published four times a year in February, May, July and October.
Each issue of The Literature Base contains:
- Practical ideas for using books with children in the classroom.
- Thematic annotated book lists.
- Photocopiable worksheets.